Day 3 : Always Lost

Squido's dad takes her two nights a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so the other five nights of the week, if I don't make plans and get a babysitter, I spend at home, mostly by myself. I tend to do the following things a lot in the hours after Squido goes to bed:
  • Read
  • Blog
  • Read Blogs
  • Watch TV
Yay, boring life. Occasionally I will throw in a little cleaning or crafting, like collageing or scrapbooking, but mostly those other things. When I talk to people, sometimes I get embarassed by the amount of TV I watch, because I always have a comment to make on this or that show, or worse, when I am the one making conversation, it's about TV shows. I don't have cable here in my apartment, but I do get Netflix, and I tend to get, you guessed it - TV on DVD.

Side note: right now my cat, Elmer, is playing with a beetle. I have these weird beetles I get in my apartment once or twice a week - one at a time, I'm not infested with them, although I do think I am being infested with some other critter, which I don't want to talk about right now but probably will later - and it is hilarious to watch Elmer torture the beetle. He gets it down onto the ground and just plays with it. He bats it around with his paws so fast it doesn't have a chance to fly away (or perhaps it's a disabled beetle) and he looks like he tries to eat it, but maybe gets freaked out by the buzzing and squirming in his mouth because he never actually DOES eat it as far as I can tell. Anyway, it's funny. Maybe one of these days I'll charge up my video camera and catch him in the act.

But anyway, TV. Here is a list of things I've watched lately, in the past year or so, that are the best:
  • Six Feet Under - which I am currently re-watching with my friend Michelle. She comes over once or twice a week and we watch a couple of episodes over some beers and snacks. It's a good time, and she loves it.
  • Jericho - Holy crap what a good show. I watched all of this online on Netflix and I cannot believe they cancelled that show. Who doesn't love a post-nuke-apocalyptic world? Who??
  • Fringe - First of all, Joshua Jackson. Second, Joshua Jackson. But really, also a very good show. Probably because it reminds me so much of my beloved X-Files, which just may go down in my history book to be the best show EVER on TV.
Which brings me to the other best show on TV, which is the reason I am writing about this at all right now.

Lost!

I know, I know. I know know many of you out there just won't believe the hype, or agree with it, or get into it at all. There are people - and I know quite a few too many of them personally - who refuse to watch the show just because they do not want to get sucked in and crazy over a TV show like the rest of us are, big ol losers who cancel all plans and make everyone hush up for an hour on Wednesday nights. My best friend is one of them, and it hurts me to know what she is missing. I have re-watched all the previous seasons of Lost directly following the season that ends, just to reminisce and remind myself of all the thing that came before. I know it would make much more sense to re-watch the previous seasons right before a new one starts, but see, my problem is, I love Lost so much, I just want to watch it all the time, so as soon as one season ends, I miss it, so I start watching it all over again. With that said, you now know for sure what a loser I am, because yes, I have seen the first season of Lost six times already. And guess what? Not sick of it yet, and sooo not apologizing for it.

In fact, an hour and a half ago I sat here with my open laptop, wondering to myself what I was going to babble on tonight, couldn't figure it out, and then decided: Hey, I'll watch some Lost, and for whatever reason started in on the first episode of the fourth season. Just in case you wanted to read up on it a little bit.

Anyway, I just think it's amazing what you realize about Lost if you go back and re-watch things. Especially on the re-watch of all the seasons after this last one, the fifth. What is up with John Locke? That is the biggest question. I'm not ready to speculate here, my wrist is already too tired for that now... and come on, Lost fans. Will anyone agree with me that the most important person on that island, the one with all the secrets, the one that's all in the know, the missing link for godsakes, is Richard Alpert???? He doesn't age, man! He's like Prince!

Unfortunately it seems like I am going to have to cut this post short - I was going to go on a while longer about my Lost obsession, but the fact is, it's just too dang hot to be sitting here with this laptop on my lap (funny that one of my biggest, err.. only complaints about my Macbook is that it gets pretty darn hot on the bottom sometimes. In fact, the first day I used it ((ahh memories of bonding with the Macbook)) I thought it was broken and I was going to have to send it back because it got SOO hot compared to my other laptop, an icky old Acer. Well, you can get used to anything if you love it enough, and I swear, once I went Mac I'll never go back) I'm starting to sweat and I want another Bud Light Lime before bed. Yes, sometimes I drink when my child is sleeping. Like two beers! Am I a bad mom? Shameful? I sure hope not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment