Day 11 : Quickly, Quickly!

Very quick post tonight, here are the highlights of my day:

  • At work, I found out from my hired design team that the design and programming were totally finished, so basically that means the new store is ready to go live as soon as I upload all of my spreadsheets, write blurbs for each section page, and pick out featured items. I would say that would normally be two days of work. I was so excited to hear it! I was psyched to be almost ready and couldn't wait to get started uploading my spreadsheets and working with the new backend/design on the store! But then, however..
  • As soon as I got off the phone with the programmer, I heard from my sister that my mother was being admitted to the hospital to have her gallbladder removed. This isn't such a surprise, she was actually supposed to call and make an appointment with a surgeon today to schedule the operation, but evidently the pain got too bad this morning and mom drove herself to the ER, that stubborn woman, and DIDN'T THINK TO CALL ME ALL DAY! So I left work three hours early, drove to the hospital, and tried to chew her out for not letting me know what was going on, but she was too doped up on morphine to seem to care. As of now (9.50pm) I still don't know exactly when her surgery is going to be, other than sometime tomorrow afternoon.
With all that said, I have to get the heck off my blog and get down to work to try to make up for some of the hours I missed today. Thank God my awesome, amazing boss lets me put in some hours at home... phew! And my internet is wonky, so hopefully this will post! Catch you all (all none of you) tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment